Chuch Suppers . click pic to enlarge click pic to enlarge Worship Service Join Us for Sunday Worship Service 10:00am (nursery available) Mission Statement RCA Church History Interested persons met for worship in the upstairs rooms of the Decker Hose Company in November 1893 and petitioned the Classis of Montgomery, Reformed Church, to plant a church in Johnstown. Property was secured and a contractor hired who laid the cornerstone on October 7. The church was officially organized on October 10, 1894. The bell, (which today sits in the courtyard), was hung in the belfry and rung weekly to announce services. Another building was moved and added for Sunday school rooms. Fundraising made it possible to build the parsonage on Irving Street adjacent to the church. Through the years Youth groups, Boy Scouts, Ladies Missionary Society, Philathea and Calvary Classes, and a very active men’s Baraca Class met regularly. The church choir and orchestra enriched the Sunday worship. An anonymous donor gave a Baldwin organ in 1951. Recognizing the need for expansion, a steering committee recommended that additional property be purchased north of the church and that a new building be erected. George W. Randall Company designed and built the new sanctuary and church office. The original church was renovated for a lounge, classrooms, a modern kitchen, and Fellowship Hall. The first service held in the new sanctuary was on December 15, 1968 with Pastor Albert N. Studley. One of the bequests that have blessed the church was made by Everett Spawn, making it possible to have a Rogers digital and pipe organ installed in 2003. Known as “The little white church on Perry Street”, we host AA and Al-Anon meetings, Vacation Bible School for the Council of Churches, a voting site, and frequent public suppers for fundraising and community outreach. This church is here to help humanity see Jesus and to carry out the divine intervention; “Not to be ministered unto, but to minister”. We serve God by serving others. Our Pastors John VanBurke 1894-1902 Charles VanWyck Bedford 1902-1909 Peter Stryker Beekman 1909-1920 Royal A. Stanton 1920-1924 Alexander McKinley, supply 1924-1925 Abraham Rynbrandt 1925-1928 Ernest R. Palen 1929-1932 Edward L. Swartout 1932-1939 Arnold E. Dykhuizen 1939-1944 Chester A. Wing 1945-1950 Leonard M. Braam 1950-1964 Albert N. Studley 1964-1968 Donald Wing 1970-1975 Jack H. Millard 1976-2004 Donald Pangburn, interim 2005-2007 Brian Dykema 2007-Present click pic to enlarge TO GOD BE THE GLORY Johnstown Reformed Church is a member of the Reformed Church in America. Click the link below to find out more about the RCA. www.rca.org www.campfowler.org